Thursday, March 1, 2012

WINGS OF THE WICKED by Courtney Allison Moulton {Book Review}

Publication Date: January 31, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Format: Hardback, 528pp
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
Age Range: 14 years+
Series: Angelfire Series, #2
Source: Bought at B&N
Buy: Barnes and Noble | Amazon

Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.

Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven's warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell's strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She's been warned.

Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian's new plan to destroy Ellie's soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian's schemes, the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.
She'll be betrayed.

Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be Hell to pay.


*Slight Spoilery!* This is one of those times where I'm seriously mad about the next year release date for the next book.

Photobucket

...I seriously...seriously...LOVED this book. IT WAS SO EMOTIONAL, I COULDN'T STAND IT. But I did, and it seriously left a bruise on my heart. xD

Will is so sweet. I mean, ugh. He's number one on my top five favorite male heroines in books. AND HE'S BADASS. WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOOOR? And then Cadan? WHY DID YOU ACT THAT WAY? Damn it all if I didn't fall for him too! -_-' They were both so freakin' sweet. I don't think I've ever read about a (TWO) guy that's that caring and...and...and...UGH. *_*

There was definitely some sad parts in this book. One in particular that I just...felt so hurt over. I didn't cry, I just felt hurt. I think all the "sad" parts in there I just felt hurt over. Especially for Ellie and Will. It was back and forth that I felt sorry for. I know in one part with Ellie and her Dad. And can I just say that I was not excepting what happened with him. I was like...o_o... And then when Ellie lost it, I thought it was hella badass. ;D

I reeeeeally loved the action scenes in WotW. It was definitely detailed and intense. I couldn't stop reading them. o.o BRUTAL, MAN. You can tell Ellie is getting better and better at her fighting strategies. I don't know if it means shes coming into her Gabriel state even more, or if it's just in her nature since she is Gabriel. (Sorry if I gave that away. D:)

I think the almost heart attacks that I had when I read this book is enough for me to send CA Moulton my medical bills. Especially that one I had in the last few pages of the book. YOU PULLED A CASSANDRA CLARE ON US, CA. D:< Buuuut I won't because I'm a nice person, and I want the next book. :3

View all my reviews

Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment