Saturday, January 28, 2012

ANGELFALL by Susan Ee {Book Review}

Rating: ★★★★★
Publisher: Feral Dream
Publication Date: June 14, 2011
Format: eBook
Age Range: Recommended for ages 16 and up.
Series: Penryn & the End of Days Series, #1
Source: Bought at Barnes and Noble.
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Buy: Barnes and Noble | Amazon

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.


Oh my God. This book. Asdfghjkl; BEST BOOK I'VE READ SO FAR...IN 2012.

Photobucket

So much badassness in one book. So much emotion. So much...everythinggggg.

This book was totally and completely incredible. By far, the best book I've read in a long while. This story isn't for the faint at heart. BUT IS SO GOOD. UGH.

Oh, how I wish the second book was already out. GOOD GOD. Thank you Fauzy for making me read this. xD

I wish, now, that I had read this is 2011, so I could call it one of my top three best books of 2011. But, oh well. Maybe it'll be the top five in 2012. :D

The thing that I loved the most about this, is that Raffe--the main hero--doesn't show any emotion towards Penryn...basically at all. Until at the end. But I don't want to give too much away. ;) This book isn't like other angel books. It's got a dystopian twist, which I love. Penryn is an okay character, she's not like most heroines--weak. She does stand up for herself, and she fights for the ones she loves. This book proved that much.

I haven't read a book like this in a LONG-ASS time. It feels good to start off the new year with a kick-ass story. :) I highly recommend anyone ages sixteen and up to read this. (Like I said, it isn't for the faint of heart.)

If this comes out in paperback or hardback, damn skippy I'm getting it. C:

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment