Monday, August 15, 2011

Book Review: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Rating: ★★★★
Release Date: July 12, 2011
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 400
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Source: Bought
Buy: Barnes and Noble

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in. 


Spoilers ahead! Do not read if you haven't read Shiver and Linger.

This book. This book was very emotional in my opinion. Especially when it came to Cole and Grace as individuals. They both were going through the first crucial part of the shifting process, and it was hard to get through. In my eyes, I found it hard to read without cringing. It was that emotional. Maybe it's because I've stuck to this series since Shiver came out, and I've gotten that into it. I don't know. But that's how it was.

It was fascinating to watch Grace transform from a innocent, love ridden girl, to a new kind of species on her behalf. She seemed stronger than before. Still a bit stubborn, but strong. Confident even. I loved that part about her. Despite the pain on her part, I think becoming a wolf was best for her.

Sam and Grace is an example of true love, from day 1, he loved her when she was attacked by those wolves. You could tell it. They stuck by each other through all of this. It's a different kind of love. But you can sense the ferocity of it.

I loved how Maggie ended the series. It wasn't quite a cliffhanger, but it left you guessing, "What happens to Sam and Grace now that they're both wolves?" or, "What happens to Cole and Isabel relationship? Will it blossom into something?" And among other questions that would give away too much. ;)

Cole has to be my favorite character. Not because he seems like the bad-boy type. But because of what he's been through. He's a tormented person trying to set himself free. Which is quite literal in a sense. I feel for him, I really do. Plus Isabel just needs to loosen up and give into him. Seriously lol.

This is the last book of the series, and it's a damn good and painful way to end it. I approve.

Now. Time to go to bed and cry myself to sleep and be depressed.

View all my reviews
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment